Charlie came to see us with low platelets and a Pact Volume cell (PVC) of 17% (this tells us how much blood is in the body with the ideal range being 35%-55%). On a ultrasound a mass in the abdomen was detected and it was established Charlie would need to go into surgery immediately, but he would need to have a blood transfusion first . A call was made to the pet blood bank and we were able to source blood to be delivered the next day. Charlie had his blood transfusion and
Yesterday our Standish branch had a very unusual case, Indi decided to get some exercise on the trampoline. Indi slipped and it resulted in a spring becoming lodged in her hock. Indi was very lucky as the spring missed all vital tendons and she is now back at home recovering. Although lots of dogs love trampolines we do not recommend them for our pets #standishvets #vet #wiganvets #mawdesley #parbold #haighhall #petwalks #walkies #laparoscopic #orthopaedic #orthopaedicvet #ve
The object was identified with an X-ray in the small intestine causing a partial obstruction, Zoe was taken to theatre where it was surgically removed.
Foreign objects swallowed by animals can cause a partial or complete intestinal obstruction and are one of the most common indications for intestinal surgery.
If a foreign body becomes lodged over a period of time then there may be serious complications. Clinical signs of obstruction include dehydration, vomiting, anorexia, we