Be careful when using a cooling mat and make sure your pet is supervised at all times. Naughty Ted decided to chew his new cooling mat and eat the contents, the contents of this cooling mat were not toxic but swelled when they came into contact with water. Ted was made to vomit the contents of the mat up so it would not cause an obstruction. Every cooling mat is different and the contents vary if your pet does eat a cooling mat please contact the surgery. #dogcoolingmat #cool
Yesterday our Standish branch had a very unusual case, Indi decided to get some exercise on the trampoline. Indi slipped and it resulted in a spring becoming lodged in her hock. Indi was very lucky as the spring missed all vital tendons and she is now back at home recovering. Although lots of dogs love trampolines we do not recommend them for our pets #standishvets #vet #wiganvets #mawdesley #parbold #haighhall #petwalks #walkies #laparoscopic #orthopaedic #orthopaedicvet #ve
Luna presented at the practice with a corneal ulcer in her eye caused by extra eyelashes rubbing on the eye surface. Luna was diagnosed with Distichiasis this is where an extra row of hairs which can be long and stiff grow on the eyelid and irritate the eye, resulting in a corneal ulcer. The severity of the problem depends on how stiff the hairs are, how long they are, where they’re located, and how many extra hairs there are.
Luna had the eye lashes removed and diathermy wa