Search

Rowan Berries Toxic to Dogs

Mitzie an adventurous puppy has got into some mischief eating berries on a walk and was treated by our Standish branch. Rowan berries, however, are dangerous because they contain a specific toxin. They can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and excessive salivation, and affected dogs can show significant signs of disease. Access to rowan berries should therefore be prevented.

Other dangerous berries that dogs may find and eat if they aren't watched closely include deadly nightshade, which can cause acute onset severe neurological symptoms. Close monitoring of all dogs to prevent access to inappropriate plants is preferable.


#standishvets #vetsinstandish #parbold #vetsinwigan #vetsinparbold #wiganvets #wigan #pets #dogs #cats #puppies #orthopaedicvet #BOASsurgery #TPLOsurgery #standish #mawdesley #dogfracture #cruciatesurgery #Rowanberries #vetlife #vetsurgery

46 views

Address

Hawthorne Lodge

School Lane

Standish

Wigan

WN6 0TE

Contact

standishvets@hotmail.com

01257472200

Follow

  • White Facebook Icon

©2020 by Standish Vets. Website by Swann Digital